For Everything Llama

Custom Search

Friday, August 1, 2008

She's Forgiven Me......maybe

A quick update on Bella before adding some more general Llama stuff to this blog:

Bella has again been hoisted to her feet and apparently stood for a few minutes, before returning to the floor with a little more grace and ease than her first performance.

Today she accepted the peace offering of poplar leaves, pine needles and wild alfalfa - none of which was stolen from the ornamentals on the University Campus I hasten to add. (sorry about yesterday's Blue Spruce - it was only a tiny sprig!).

Today she ate every last morsel. Perhaps she has forgiven me for the suffering caused over the past week or maybe it was more to do with the manually assisted bowel movement??? hmmmm....Not sure I fancy that idea much, but it seemed to do the trick for Bella.

I shall twiddle my thumbs for a few more days ('Fringe Festival' in Saskatoon this weekend though) - and hopefully return Bella to the rest of the llama herd next week.

More news as it comes in.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello David and Bella

I want to send you both best wishes and a speedy return home. I am amazed at Bella's story, previously having thought that big animals with leg injuries had no choices. It seems that llamas prove to be remarkably adaptable in yet another area! I would imagine that Bella's case is proving very valuable to the medical team at the university?

All the best
Cathy

Lynne Milsom said...

Hello David, Bella and Cathy

I am appreciating this method of keeping up with Bella's progress. It is a very busy time outside, so even if David were to call, I wouldn't know about it. I am reading David's updates here before he has time to email me - thankyou.

I thought you might all find it interesting to hear that the llamas are behaving very differently in Bella's absence. They have been very quiet (non-curious about my activities) since she left. However, on Tuesday they all kushed for the evening, earlier than usual and faced the same direction. It was a friend who suggested that their all facing east was significant perhaps?

Anyhow, missing you both terribly and look forward to having you safely home again.

Lynne

David said...

Thanks Cathy, for your comments. Indeed there are a couple of students at the University interested in specializing in Camelids and have been following her progress carefully and gleaning every details they can about the habits of Llamas.

It's not often that Llamas 'go wrong' so to speak, but it would be helpful to the thousands of people in Canada who have Llamas and Alpacas to have knowledgeable people spread over the country.